The Faculty of Psychology, Higher School of Economics (Moscow) is looking for a team leader for the new laboratory of Neurobiology of Speech and Language, which is in the process of being established at HSE. The projected main directions of research in the laboratory are:
-Neural dynamics of language comprehension;
These projects are carried out in collaboration with the Centre of Functionally Integrative Neuroscience (CFIN) at Aarhus University, Denmark, and other international collaborators. CFIN is represented by Professor Yury Shtyrov, who is a visiting professor at HSE and is involved in developing speech and language research at the new laboratory. The postholder will have an advantage of being able to further define and expand this programme of research, in collaboration with Prof. Shtyrov as well as faculty staff and other collaborators, and with support of postdoctoral researchers and PhD students.
Research facilities include multi-channel EEG, navigated TMS-EEG and eye-tracking equipment, all recently installed at the Faculty, as well as access to MEG and fMRI at collaborator sites in Moscow.
The HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities (http://hse.ru/en,http://psy.hse.ru/en/). The Faculty of Psychology is committed to developing various areas of modern experimental psychology and, most crucially, Cognitive Neuroscience. Working Conditions:
- Access to multimodal neuroimaging facilities (brain-navigated TMS, multichanel EGG, MEG, eye-tracking, etc. http://psy.hse.ru/en/res-center )
- Internationally competitive salary, 13% flat income tax rate and other benefits
- Generous travel support and research grants provided by the university's Centre for Advanced Studies (www.cas.hse.ru)
- Low teaching load, minimal administrative service required
- Heavy emphasis on high quality research
- Ph.D. in psychology, cognitive neuroscience, language sciences or related fields
- Fluent English (knowledge of Russian is not required)
- Demonstrated ability and high motivation to conduct high-quality research publishable in quality international peer-reviewed journals
Generally appointments will be made for an initial 2,5-year period and upon successful completion of an interim review, contracts would normally be extended for a further three years until the tenure review.
Please provide a CV, at least 2 letters of reference forwarded directly, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper. All materials should be addressed to Dr. Viсtoria Moiseeva, no later than March 31.
If you have any further questions, please contact Dr. Viсtoria Moiseeva email@example.com