Postdoctoral Fellow in Open Science/Big Data/Informatics
The Databrary (databrary.org) project, in coordination with the Department of Psychology and Digital Library Services at NYU, seeks a cross-disciplinary postdoctoral fellow who seeks expand knowledge of research methods and technology practices in science and industry. You will participate in design, development, and deployment of technology to support collaboration, exploration, and analysis of open research datasets.
• Design new approaches for structuring, presenting, and sharing research data.
• Work with a small team of software developers to build web, mobile, and desktop software tools to manage, analyze, and visualize data.
• Engage with researchers within and beyond the fields of developmental psychology, library science, and computer vision to collect, organize, and repurpose data.
• Prepare and publish academic articles covering innovations, discoveries, or uses associated with the data library.
• Experience working with and analyzing videos, physiological data, imaging data, or other large datasets
• Familiarity with standard development and collaboration tools such as git
• Willingness to learn and work with the latest web-based technologies
• Knowledge of SQL or other database technologies
• History of collaboration and cooperation on previous projects
Send the following to email@example.com:
• One page cover letter (PDF)
• Academic transcript of your formal qualifications (PDF)
• Links to your open source contributions or other samples of your work
• Resume/CV (PDF)
Databrary is supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. BCS-1238599 and the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development under Cooperative Agreement 1-U01-HD-076595-01.
Comp-neuro mailing list